Image 1 of 1
127.jpg
The final event in the centenary year celebrations of the Argyll Motor Works in Alexandria which opened on June 26th 1906.....A 1985 Audi Quattro driven by David Birdsall and Roderick Phillips arriving at the Concours d'Elegance at the David Marshall Lodge in the Trossachs....The Concours d'Elegance was held at the David Marshall Lodge in the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park  on the Dukes Pass road (A821) between Loch Achray and Aberfoyle about one mile above the town. ..The road was built by the Duke of Montrose on the route of an old pack horse track in the early part of the 19th century to cope with an influx of tourists seeking the location of Sir Walter Scot's "The Lady of the Lake" published in 1810 which had become a "blockbuster" of the period that had seen the collapse of continental tourism due to the Napleonic wars...The David Marshall Lodge was the first of a number of countryside education and interpretation centres..pioneered by the Carnegie Trust and gifted to the Forestry Commission in 1960. The forest area was acquired by the Forestry Commision in 1931 and designated the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park in 1953 to mark the coronation of Queen Elizabeth 11